|Captain (RCN) Cedric Steele, MSM, CD
Royal Canadian Navy
|205-1208 Wharf Street
Victoria, BC V8W 3B9
Cedric Steele was appointed Honorary Captain in May 1997. He is President of Cedric Steele Realty Ltd., a commercial real estate company, which he founded in 1972. The company manages its Real Estate Portfolio and Prospect Lake Golf Course which was purchased in 1974.
- President of the Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce in 1980
- Chairman of the Board of Governors of Glenlyon-Norfolk School
- Chairman of Corporate Fund Raising for Timmy’s Telethon
- Board member of the Queen Alexandra Centre for Children's Health
- Served six years as a member of the Victoria Police Board
- Served on the Executive of Tourism Victoria
- Served on the Executive of the Advisory Board to the Faculty of Business at the University of Victoria for five years
- Served as a member of Revenue Canada’s Small Business Advisory Committee
Royal Canadian Navy
- H Capt(N) Steele has been involved with the Canadian Forces
Liaison Council since 1994 and has been promoting a closer relationship between
the community and the Armed Forces.
Awards and Appointments
- Awarded the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal in 1999 and then a Gold
Star in Lieu of second award in 2000 for his work with the aircraft carriers USS
JOHN C. STENNIS (CVN72) and USS ABRAHAM LINCOLN (CVN74).
- During 2002 he was awarded the Golden Jubilee Medal.
- Appointed as a serving member of the Most Venerable Order of the Hospital of St.
John of Jerusalem in 2002.
- Appointed the Honorary Consul of the Republic of Latvia with an office in
Victoria, B.C. from 2002 to 2010.
- Appointed to the Advisory Board of the Salvation Army in Victoria in 2005.
- Awarded the Community Spirit Award by the Salvation Army in 2007.
- Appointed Fellow of Royal Roads University in 2009.
- Awarded the Canadian Forces Decoration for 12 years of service to the Royal
Canadian Navy in May 2009.
- Awarded the Meritorious Service Medal (MSM) in 2011.
- Awarded the Governors Lifetime Achievement Award by the Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce in 2011.
- Conferred the Chancellor’s Community Recognition Award in 2011 by Royal Roads
- Awarded the Mel Cooper CFAX 1070 “Citizen of the Year” in 2012.
- Appointed to the TELUS Community Board in 2013.
- Highway signs proclaiming "Home of Canada's Pacific Naval Fleet".
- The Homecoming Statue Project in Victoria’s Inner Harbour completed in 2010.
- The Hope Van acquisition for the Salvation Army completed in 2013.